Rapid weight loss creates physical demands on the body. Possible serious risks include:
- Gallstones, which occur in 12% to 25% of people losing large amounts of weight over several months.
- Dehydration, which can be avoided by drinking plenty of fluids.
- Malnutrition, usually from not eating enough protein for weeks at a time.
- Electrolyte imbalances, which rarely can be life threatening.
Thankfully - with the exception of dehydration, which I tend to work on at the weekend, I have avoided most of these serious risks.
Other side effects of rapid weight loss include:
- Headaches - normally following dehydration avoidance sessions.
- Irritability - no chance, it fucking annoys me that this is a side effect.
- Fatigue - thankfully not happen..Zzzzzzzzzzzz
- Dizziness - sometimes felt during dehydration avoidance sessions.
- Constipation - Shit no, I blame the prune juice!
- Menstrual irregularities - Is it irregular that I'm not???
- Hair loss - I am in a WORLD OF SHIT!
- Muscle loss - Muscle? As in love muscle? OH DOUBLE SHIT!
The dangers of rapid weight loss increase with the time spent on the diet, therefore I call for a week off! All in favour say aye!?