Friday, October 22, 2010

Research.....

Right - weigh in and I have plummeted below the 9okg mark to 89.8kg - slow progress, but I have been reading about the risks involved in rapid weight loss:

Rapid weight loss creates physical demands on the body. Possible serious risks include:
  • Gallstones, which occur in 12% to 25% of people losing large amounts of weight over several months.
  • Dehydration, which can be avoided by drinking plenty of fluids.
  • Malnutrition, usually from not eating enough protein for weeks at a time.
  • Electrolyte imbalances, which rarely can be life threatening.

Thankfully - with the exception of dehydration, which I tend to work on at the weekend, I have avoided most of these serious risks.


Other side effects of rapid weight loss include:

  • Headaches - normally following dehydration avoidance sessions.
  • Irritability - no chance, it fucking annoys me that this is a side effect.
  • Fatigue - thankfully not happen..Zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Dizziness - sometimes felt during dehydration avoidance sessions.
  • Constipation - Shit no, I blame the prune juice!
  • Menstrual irregularities - Is it irregular that I'm not???
  • Hair loss - I am in a WORLD OF SHIT!
  • Muscle loss - Muscle? As in love muscle? OH DOUBLE SHIT!

The dangers of rapid weight loss increase with the time spent on the diet, therefore I call for a week off! All in favour say aye!?

No comments:

Post a Comment