Friday, September 3, 2010

Enough is Enough!

Just back from a trip to Bonnie Schoatland, where it struck me that Dugald really was getting a bit on the chubby side, even for his normal Hutt-inspired physique.  Now usually this doesn't bother me because when he or Gavin go up a size, I get a load of new clothes - what with them and Big Bad Bob (the progenitor of at least two of us), I haven't had to lay out on so much as a stitch for 20 years.

But then I saw Gavin and realised just how bad things were getting.

Gavin taking some light exercise


This was before his back-wax, mind, so he's lost a couple of stone already; but still, serious stuff.

Besides, having torn my calf while being soundly whipped at tennis by a 12-year-old, and consequently missing a whole summer of training, I have to admit I may be a few grammes over my optimum body mass myself.  Not actually clinically obese, like the other two, but still a wee bit, well, porky.

So, the race is on.  Targets and starting masses to follow...

1 comment:

  1. Stop press, just in from Gavin:
    "Off to circuit training tonight, running three times a week, football once a week, rugby once a week……it’s on like donkey kong b!tch!"
    Well, looks as if Mr Kong may at last have got his finger out...

    ReplyDelete