Tuesday, September 7, 2010

He lives!

Word in from Brother Dugald! "116 target of 104.4 (rounded down to 104) - although that is just the target for this comp.  Aiming to be around 95 which was my pre university weight, and the same weight as when Rob introduced me as his brother with aids."

Well, I'll have more to say on that later.  In the meantime, though, it leaves me with a very thorny problem.  Doogie "Uribe" Fatboy is even bigger than I thought.  And you can see why this causes trouble:



That's right - no sooner was Dugald on the scales, than it became clear he is off the scale.  Thankfully, one benefit - in fact, possibly the only benefit - of a PhD in economics is knowing what to do in such a situation: use logs.  I don't mean for moving Dugald around (though that's not such a bad idea, I must mention it to his wife), but rather for keeping his exponential gut on the same metaphorical page as the rest of the population.


Sorted.  Hopefully, round about the start of November, we might be able to return to a linear scale, if Dugald can get his curves under control.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realise the 'brother with aids' comment was due to his weight, I simply assumed that it was because of the drugs use and unprotected bumming....

    ReplyDelete