Monday, September 20, 2010

Time told...

Good street party.  Awful hangover.  Still, I ran 10km first, didn't eat much, kept off the desserts, and even slotted in some late night exercise!  No, not that kind: No1 wife and I have been married 12 years, after all. No, this was on the bouncy castle, with 3 other local dads, frightening off the teenagers, shouting about going for 'another fucking drink', just as Madame Mayor came round on her tour of meeting the plebs:  bugger, there goes the planning application...

Diet assistance from travel companies continues, with only a single cup of coffee offered by SAS, during the second leg of Brussels-Oslo-Bergen.  Melon and cucumber for breakfast.  Hamstrings in top nick and a gym next to the hotel. Looking good.

Now listening to a longwinded discussion on paragraph 2.3.2 subsection (b) of some document I have not read.  Norway quibbles; Netherlands throws the rattle out of the pram; bit of shocked silence, then good old UK smoothes the feathers via a stunning display of fence-sitting.  Now here come the Germans...  For the purposes of this meeting, my badge says I am part of the Swedish delegation.  How did that happen?  I do not know what the Swedish position is, in fact I only recognise the Swedes because they have a big toblerone with "SWEDEN" on it, right there on the table in front of them.  I'm here only to run a 1 hour side-event tomorrow.   But today I am being paid to sit in silence at the back of the room, so it would be churlish to complain.  Now if only boredom were a weight-loss technique...

No comments:

Post a Comment